- Thank you for your interest in the job offers of the Tipico Group. This central career portal (hereinafter “Tipico Careers Portal”) is offered by Tipico Services Malta Ltd. for the whole Tipico Group (hereinafter “Tipico”).
- Whenever Tipico collects, processes and retains your personal information, the Tipico group company or affiliate to which you are applying for a job or which is your contract partner will act as a data controller. If you opted to be part of the applicant pool, your contract partner in regard to the usage of the Applicants Pool is Tipico Services Malta Ltd.
- Our data protection practices comply with all applicable data protection legislation, including the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation, and any other European or national legislation we may be subject to.
How Tipico collects, uses and retains your information
- Tipico may collect personal information from you through your online application via the Tipico Careers Portal, via email or a third party such as a recruitment agency or someone who recommended you.
- All personal information you submit to us in the framework of your application is collected, processed and retained by Tipico for processing your job application. If you give your consent or we deem this is in your interest, we may send you further job offers or invitations to surveys.
- Applications are processed in collaboration between Tipico Services Malta Ltd. as the provider of the Tipico Careers Portal, the group wide human resources department (hereinafter “Human Resources Department”), the management and the relevant business department of the group company which advertises the position. The responsible person of the business department concerned, the responsible manager and the responsible person of the Human Resources Department may belong to different legal entities within Tipico. Therefore, it is possible that your personal data is exchanged between different legal entities within Tipico.
- Tipico offers the possibility to join a candidate pool (“Candidate Pool”). When your application is uploaded through our online upload function without being linked to a specific job offer, or relates to a specific offer but you have provided your consent for further processing, then Tipico may process your personal data as follows:
- If the Human Resources Department considers your application as a possible match for a (different) job offer within Tipico, your application will be forwarded internally to the relevant entity.
- Applicants for whom the Human Resources Department does not immediately find a suitable job offer will be included in the applicant pool to be able to be considered for future vacancies.
- You can review and update your data at any time by logging in to our backend.
- When hired, your personal information will be transferred from the Tipico Careers Portal to the Tipico HR administration system. Processing and storage of your personal data will then be governed by Tipico’s internal data processing rules of which you will be informed when onboarding.
- You as an applicant are responsible for ensuring that the data you submit to us is correct and true. Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential.
- We retain your data in accordance with our retention period policy. If you apply for a specific vacancy without opting to be part of the candidate pool, we delete latest one month after a final decision regarding the position you applied for.
To whom Tipico may transfer your information
- In the framework of the processing of your application, your information may be shared with other companies of the Tipico group as set out above.
- You will be able to apply by connecting to a third party account (e.g. LinkedIN). BY CONNECTING YOUR SMARTRECRUITERS ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users may disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their “Account Settings” page.
- In addition to the above, Tipico may also share your personal information with other third-party service providers with whom Tipico has a contractual relationship and who provide part of the services requested by you on behalf of Tipico. In addition, we may also be required to share your personal data with authorities or other competent bodies as a result of a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Where we share your data with third parties, we shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that these third parties respect the same privacy standards as Tipico.
- We only transfer data to states outside the European Economic Area provided the recipient guarantees a standard of data protection comparable to that in place in Europe.
- You have the right to:
- request a copy of your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data (i.e. withdraw your application);
- withdraw your consent at all times;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or have it transmitted to another data controller.
- All requests, complaints or queries may be addressed to Tipico by email to email@example.com. We will consider any requests, complaints or queries and provide you with a reply in a timely manner. You can also file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority should you not be satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal information.
External content and cookies
- You can modify your browser settings to notify you when a cookie is set, to accept them on a case-by-case basis, or to accept or reject the use of certain cookies. We recommend that you accept the cookies that we set on this website to get the best out of its functions.
- The following types of cookies may be used by us on this website:
Type of cookie
What do these cookies do?
These cookies are essential to make the websites or applications work correctly. These cookies don’t collect personal information.
These cookies monitor behaviour on our websites and applications, which allows us to improve their performance. These cookies don’t collect personal information, but only data that are anonymised or aggregate.
These cookies enable previous choices of users to be remembered (e.g. user name, language). They help improve the user’s experience and allow your experience to be personalised. The information these cookies collect may include personal information. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the functionality and may restrict access to content on the websites, applications or newsletters.
These cookies are used to deliver targeted content to you that you may be interested in. We may use these cookies to remember websites you have visited and may share them with third parties such as advertisers or advertising agencies.
Third party cookies
These are cookies set on your device by third party service providers to allow them to deliver their services to you. The setting of these cookies is regulated by the cookie policies of the respective third parties.
5. Currently, we use the following plugins and active script contents from third-party providers on this website. Tipico reserves the right to use additional plugins and script contents at any time:
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as Google). Google Analytics uses various techniques, including so-called 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information obtained by Google Analytics about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers which may be operated outside member states of the European Union as well outside states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In case of activation of IP anonymisation within the Google Analytics tracking code for this website, Google will anonymise your IP address before transmission. This website uses a Google Analytics tracking code, to which the operator “gat._anonymizelp();” is added to enable anonymised collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking). Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and for providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. Google Analytics will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the use of Google cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Our website uses DoubleClick, a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043. DoubleClick is used to display ads when you visit our website. DoubleClick uses information (but no personal data such as your name or email address) relating to your visits to this and other websites so that ads can appear on products and services of interest to you. If you want to find out more about these methods or wish to know what options are available to prevent this information from being used by DoubleClick, click here: http://www.google.de/policies/technologies/ads/.
Technical and organisational measures are used to protect your personal information from unauthorized access by third parties, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss during its collection, processing and retention. This level of protection cannot, however, be extended to communication by email and we recommend that you send all confidential information by normal post.
Contact for matters of data protection
For any privacy issues you may have or to obtain further information on our data processing activities, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer of the Tipico Group
4011 St. Julian’s, Malta
Fax: +356 25 707 099