The Data Team’s vision is “DATA AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO” and this is something we live by. The team reports into product and technology under the Head of Data & BI which then supports the organisation’s internal customers and external suppliers. This spans from Management, CRM, Acquisition, Finance, Retail, bookmaking, Customer service, Casino, Payments, Legal, digital to Compliance among others.
Tipico is looking for a Data Science Manager to lead, grow and develop our existing data science teams and drive the data science strategy. We see this role as a strategic pillar in the company’s vision, we’re looking for a creative and technical leader who is passionate about turning data into insight and explore new boundaries of this fascinating area in data technology.
What you will do:
- You create, build and lead talented teams of data scientists to push a data-driven culture within the company.
- You set the data science vision and strategy and drive this in the organisation together with the management team
- You act as an advocate for the organisation data strategy through regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, division and department heads and end users
- You promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal resources and external partners, also manage the data science budget and headcount.
- You lead and inspire all Data Science & AI initiatives throughout the company
- You guide your teams in building the intelligent machines that are transforming our business!
- You embrace and introduce best practices, which will allow us to continue in producing data science work which is reproducible, scalable, ethical and at the leading edge of the sports betting industry
- You develop a team culture of “never stop learning” – Your team needs to stay every time technologically up to date
- Be at the front line of technology, introduce new technologies and innovate when necessary
- You develop and maintain a cutting-edge data science / AI platform and its solutions with the organisation
Your Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in data science / AI
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative fields would be a bonus
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to distill complex statistical, or machine learning concept and methodologies, and articulate insights to various stakeholders across the organization
- Proven experience in delivering real commercial value through the use of data science techniques
- Great presenter, ability to sell the AI and data science strategy and its initiatives
- Experience with Big Data and Cloud technologies such as Hadoop, Google Cloud, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake or AWS
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You’ll be active within the Data Science community and always keep on top of current machine learning, AI and deep learning trends
What we offer
- Agile and multicultural company with flat hierarchies
- Self-organised, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Competitive salary, Health and Dental Insurance, Performance Bonuses, Subsidised Parking, Sports incentives & Childcare
- Opportunities to develop and grow
- Relocation Assistance
- Office sea-views, social events, healthy treats, kitchen on every floor