Tipico is an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, and we love sports! Tipico has recently expanded to the US market, establishing our headquarters in New Jersey with several US facing functions based in Medellin, Colombia . We are driven by our core values: passion , progress and trust . Our goal is to build the best possible mobile sports betting product in the industry, in order to amplify the emotions of millions of sports fans every day. Tipico's Colombia office has been growing for 10 years as part of the Tipico family. Our Colombian team is a passionate group of tech and sports enthusiasts. We are excited to welcome new colleagues in Medellin who share our values. LETS MAKE THIS INTERESTING!
Are you excited about high-volume modern technology environments? Are you ready for the next step in your career, or already have experience in leading a team? Do you have a passion for building amazing products? Do you thrive in collaborative environments? Do you have a proven ability to understand specifications and transform them into high quality code?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will be instrumental in the growth of the organization by developing amazing products. Someone who can manage a software development team, and together with the team can deliver state of the art code, while considering performance and scalability. Someone who is able to take their own initiative and share their ideas as well as lead the team by example. We want innovators, we want doers!
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading a scrum team, with the main goal of ensuring team’s roadmap is delivered on time and with quality.
- Guiding the team by participating in solution design, task breakdown, code reviews and pair programming.
- Being hands-on, getting deep into code and be looked upon as the senior authority in software development tasks and projects.
- Collaborating with the product team and architects the technical solution and delivery is in line with product goals.
- Enabling team development through training plans, quarterly goals and career path discussions.
- Managing resource needs through recruiting and onboarding.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development, in an agile environment.
Good leadership skills, with experience leading software development teams.
Positive attitude with good organizational and communication skills.
Extensive experience using Java with deep knowledge on OOP principles and design patterns.
Strong Knowledge of Spring Framework, IoC and Microservices .
Ability to write clean code with an eye for performance and scalability.
Experience with CI and Source control systems such as Jenkins and Git.
Familiarity with Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
Familiarity with messaging or streaming frameworks like Kafka , RabbitMQ, or similar
Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes .
Good english communication skills
Nice to Have
- Online gaming and gambling experience
- Worked in FinTech companies, familiar with transaction-based applications
- Experience in ReactJS, Redux, NPM and Lerna is a plus.
What's in it for you:
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
- You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online iGaming and sports betting companies in the market.
- Work in a new and young business with high growth potential.
- Build your own success story and newly formed team from our new tech hub in Medellin
- Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high-volume business and are taking off in the US!
- Competitive salary, Gym subsidy, complimentary health insurance and more!
Our Vibrant Culture
Life here is electric. We unite in Trust, Progress, and Passion, ferociously Maximising Spannung. We’re down-to-earth and real, with the competitive spirit to adapt, achieve, and celebrate. Every day is different at Tipico. We like it that way!
The Winning Difference
Diversity breeds victory. Our culture is open, curious and accepting; we value viewpoints from all walks of life. With 40+ nationalities in our team globally, we celebrate each other’s unique, real personalities, making us stronger, together.
See how we take care of our entire team with these incredible benefits.
Grow Through Excellence.
As One Tipico, we work together at pace, utilizing each other’s strengths to earn our victory. We’re always learning from each other, growing through collaboration and achievement. Surrounded by experts, and with management committed to your development, you can excel and be better than your best.
You’re Worth It!
We work with only the best, and we’re prepared to invest in you. Here at Tipico, we offer competitive salary and compensation packages. Not to mention our One Tipico bonus, designed to reward our team for their great performance, and every moment of Spannung they create!
Dream Team Moments.
We know how to win, we know how to work together, and we know how to have a good time. Bonding as a team and enjoying our great socials is a huge part of our culture, and we keep the Spannung rolling outside of the office with our exciting, fun, and always-memorable events.
Get Your Heart Racing!
Tipico loves sport – but we also know how just important fitness is for our team’s physical and mental health and wellbeing. We have plenty of sports incentives to keep you active and moving, whatever gets your blood pumping, gets your heart racing, and helps you feel those moments of Spannung!
Cool and Stylish Spaces.
As well as enjoying the thrill of working together as One Tipico, you can do it from our cool, stylish and modern offices. With collaborative spaces and Spannung-charged interiors, we’ve invested in a workplace where you can be comfortable and do your best work. And with flexible working hours, we trust you to get the job done.