We are Tipico, the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the most exciting tech companies in the industry.
We are fueled by our passion for the perfect product, using the newest tech stack to make advances every single day. Our culture is bursting with energy and ambition where we generate intense moments of Spannung , thriving through our values of Trust, Progress , and Passion . We push the limits of what’s possible because we believe that when adrenaline meets progress, awesome things happen.
Are you ready to turn up the power and bring the thrill of Spannung into your working life? Then show us your game face – because we’re looking for Internal Audit and Risk Manager (m/f/x) to join the team in our iconic offices in Germany or in Malta!
Your daily pitch:
The Tipico Internal Audit and Risk Management Function manages, designs, develops and implements the Group’s internal audit and risk management program and monitors the enterprise risk management framework.
As Internal Audit and Risk Manager (m/f/x) you are responsible for providing independent and objective assurance as to the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control frameworks. You are also accountable for undertaking internal audits as outlined within the Internal Audit plan or requested by management and other ad hoc audits. To ensure the effectiveness of the function, you develop, champion and promote successful internal controls and risk governance throughout the group.
Your playing field:
- You undertake internal audit and risk management activity in accordance with the overall methodology, quality and audit standards, processes and timeframes in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- You plan, organise and conduct internal audits and risk management activity in accordance with audit standards.
- You lead the annual audit planning process and analyse the results of internal audit and risk management work, discussing relevant findings with the Directors.
- You prepare and finalise high quality, value-adding and commercially focused internal audit and risk management reports identifying areas of deficiency and providing clear and concise recommendations including specifying implementation timings.
- You develop strong working relationships with key business stakeholders including first and second line assurance functions.
- You are a proactive leader in delivering advisory services to the business including evaluating controls areas of new systems, procedures and services prior to implementation or installation, giving technical controls advice or project governance advice.
- You undertake risk management workshops with the business as necessary.
- You develop and maintain a business risk register and support management risk owners in using the risk register effectively.
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- University Degree in business administration, economics or similar.
- Additional Qualifications in internal audit and/or qualifications as such CIIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA are highly beneficial.
- Expertise. You bring minimum 3 years’ experience in external audit and/or internal audit function of a company, ideally in the areas of iGaming, sportsbook, online casino and/or e-commerce. Herewith you have an in-depth expertise and comprehensive understanding of internal auditing theory and practice.
- Systems & Processes. You possess profound understanding of accounting, controlling, management systems and processes as well as of data analysis and analytical reviews.
- Analytical skills. You have excellent business and commercial acumen and big picture view paired with high attention to detail. Your analytical skills are therefore on high level.
- Stakeholder Management. To manage stakeholders from different cross-functional teams and to maintain strong working relationships with them, you have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Project Management. To help driving projects further you bring project management skills.
- Languages. Our #oneteam consists of more than 40 different nationalities working together to achieve Tipico's mission. English is the way we communicate within the company. German is essential to communicate with the stakeholders.
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Karlsruhe as smooth as possible
- Sports Allowance. We love sports so we subsidize your membership to keep you active
- Modern offices. Our very own Karlsruhe campus provides an open plan space with the latest technology
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us
Think a career at Tipico’s right for you?
Apply now and join our winning team! If you have any questions or comments about this role, our TA team is happy to help you! Feel free to reach out to us on our social media channels
We look forward to your application!
See how we take care of our entire team with these incredible benefits.
Grow Through Excellence.
As One Tipico, we work together at pace, utilizing each other’s strengths to earn our victory. We’re always learning from each other, growing through collaboration and achievement. Surrounded by experts, and with management committed to your development, you can excel and be better than your best.
You’re Worth It!
We work with only the best, and we’re prepared to invest in you. Here at Tipico, we offer competitive salary and compensation packages. Not to mention our One Tipico bonus, designed to reward our team for their great performance, and every moment of Spannung they create!
Dream Team Moments.
We know how to win, we know how to work together, and we know how to have a good time. Bonding as a team and enjoying our great socials is a huge part of our culture, and we keep the Spannung rolling outside of the office with our exciting, fun, and always-memorable events.
Get Your Heart Racing!
Tipico loves sport – but we also know how just important fitness is for our team’s physical and mental health and wellbeing. We have plenty of sports incentives to keep you active and moving, whatever gets your blood pumping, gets your heart racing, and helps you feel those moments of Spannung!
Cool and Stylish Spaces.
As well as enjoying the thrill of working together as One Tipico, you can do it from our cool, stylish and modern offices. With collaborative spaces and Spannung-charged interiors, we’ve invested in a workplace where you can be comfortable and do your best work. And with flexible working hours, we trust you to get the job done.
Our three core values guide all we do. Explore each one to learn what matters most at Tipico.
The greatest sporting teams reach victory through accountability and trust, and here at Tipico, we’re no different. Trust guides every move we make: how we act, operate, and treat our customers and colleagues. We rely on ethical transparency and integrity, so it’s our expectation for our people, products, and services. We trust you, too, giving you space to collaborate and create at pace, with impact. Your loyalty earns you freedom, so you can Maximise Spannung in every moment of your working life.
Passion drives progress at Tipico. We challenge, reinvent, and push ourselves to define new levels of excellence. Our progress, in turn, drives your progress and development, as you build your knowledge of our industry, products, and technology. It’s not a guaranteed ticket to the top, but we’ll help you explore opportunities and grow with us. If you want it, seek it, and progress will happen. Show us your spirit to learn and get stronger every day!
We are bound together as One Tipico by our passion. We have unstoppable hunger to win, driven to create moments of Spannung in our day-to-day lives. Whatever our personal interests - sport, science, fitness, gaming - we identify with each other through a shared spirit to seek victory in our actions. This is part of Tipico’s DNA - and we thrive by channeling our passion into our profession.