We are Tipico, the leading sports betting provider in Germany and one of the most exciting tech companies in the industry. We are fueled by our passion for the perfect product, using the newest tech stack to make advances every single day. Our culture is bursting with energy and ambition where we generate intense moments of Spannung , thriving through our values of Trust, Progress , and Passion . We push the limits of what’s possible because we believe that when adrenaline meets progress, awesome things happen.
Are you ready to turn up the power and bring the thrill of Spannung into your working life? Then show us your game face – because we’re looking for a Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join the team!
Being a market leader means we always need to stay ahead. As a Data Engineer (m/f/x), you will be part of our strategic data team pioneering artificial intelligence concepts and cutting-edge data warehousing techniques, processing millions of transactions every day in low latency. At Tipico, we process terabytes of data every day, related to all areas of the business – such as bookmaking data, web analytics, CRM data, and much more.
Your playing field:
- You will create and maintain both DWH and big data real-time data pipelines and architecture.
- We are continuously becoming more data-driven – you will assemble large and complex data sets that meet our functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Innovation drives us and we are continuously reinventing ourselves. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You’re involved in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Our focus is on gaining insights that will change the way we look at sports betting, the tools you will build will provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders including data architects, Executives, Product, Data, and IT team members from the beginning to the delivery of your projects.
Which skills should you bring to the pitch:
- 3 years of work experience. That is relevant for us and this position.
- Big Data. You have worked with or are familiar with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NIFI, Kafka, Spark, Scala, and Apache Hudi.
- Cloud data services. Such as AWS services such as S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, and AWS RedShift.
- Time-series/analytics databases. Such as Elasticsearch.
- Strong analytics skills and the ability to innovate. We need you to come up with the best solutions for us that will push us forward.
- Fast learner. Working in a fast-paced environment requires us to learn new and complex concepts and be resourceful!
- Collaborative. Share your ideas! We want you to engage in our interactive discussions within our team and clearly communicate technical concepts.
Bonus skills that will help put us ahead of the game:
- ETL. Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, Talend, etc.).
- Large-scale production databases and SQL.
- Docker/Kubernetes. You have familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker/Kubernetes.
This is how we score with you:
- Established International Group. We have a solid foundation on which to grow.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We offer you opportunities to develop and grow to unlock your potential.
- Relocation Support. To make your move to Malta as smooth as possible
- Competitive Package. We care for our employees, offering an indefinite contract, competitive salary, insurances (private health, dental, private accident, sickness, and life), and free parking.
- Sports Incentive . We love sports so we subsidize your membership to keep you active.
- Modern offices. Our very own Tipico tower provides an open-plan space with the latest technology.
- Events. Sponsored Charity and Team gatherings, we like to have fun together as one team and reinforce our connections.
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team, but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us.
See how we take care of our entire team with these incredible benefits.
Grow Through Excellence.
As One Tipico, we work together at pace, utilizing each other’s strengths to earn our victory. We’re always learning from each other, growing through collaboration and achievement. Surrounded by experts, and with management committed to your development, you can excel and be better than your best.
You’re Worth It!
We work with only the best, and we’re prepared to invest in you. Here at Tipico, we offer competitive salary and compensation packages. Not to mention our One Tipico bonus, designed to reward our team for their great performance, and every moment of Spannung they create!
Dream Team Moments.
We know how to win, we know how to work together, and we know how to have a good time. Bonding as a team and enjoying our great socials is a huge part of our culture, and we keep the Spannung rolling outside of the office with our exciting, fun, and always-memorable events.
Get Your Heart Racing!
Tipico loves sport – but we also know how just important fitness is for our team’s physical and mental health and wellbeing. We have plenty of sports incentives to keep you active and moving, whatever gets your blood pumping, gets your heart racing, and helps you feel those moments of Spannung!
Cool and Stylish Spaces.
As well as enjoying the thrill of working together as One Tipico, you can do it from our cool, stylish and modern offices. With collaborative spaces and Spannung-charged interiors, we’ve invested in a workplace where you can be comfortable and do your best work. And with flexible working hours, we trust you to get the job done.
Our three core values guide all we do. Explore each one to learn what matters most at Tipico.
The greatest sporting teams reach victory through accountability and trust, and here at Tipico, we’re no different. Trust guides every move we make: how we act, operate, and treat our customers and colleagues. We rely on ethical transparency and integrity, so it’s our expectation for our people, products, and services. We trust you, too, giving you space to collaborate and create at pace, with impact. Your loyalty earns you freedom, so you can Maximise Spannung in every moment of your working life.
Passion drives progress at Tipico. We challenge, reinvent, and push ourselves to define new levels of excellence. Our progress, in turn, drives your progress and development, as you build your knowledge of our industry, products, and technology. It’s not a guaranteed ticket to the top, but we’ll help you explore opportunities and grow with us. If you want it, seek it, and progress will happen. Show us your spirit to learn and get stronger every day!
We are bound together as One Tipico by our passion. We have unstoppable hunger to win, driven to create moments of Spannung in our day-to-day lives. Whatever our personal interests - sport, science, fitness, gaming - we identify with each other through a shared spirit to seek victory in our actions. This is part of Tipico’s DNA - and we thrive by channeling our passion into our profession.